13 November 2009

The cosmologist said...


I vanished for a while. Sorry if you missed me. I slipped into a wormhole and took a while to find the way out again.

Anyway, last night I had dinner with my friend Catherine and she told me that she recently had a conversation with a cosmologist. That must be an interesting job. I wonder, are they physicists or philosophers or both or neither? The cosmologist commented that, when humans on our planet look up at the dying sun in 5 billion years time, those humans will have as much similarity with us as we do with amoeba.

For me, that idea is simultaneously completely comprehensible, and utterly incomprehensible and beyond imagination.

5 comments:

Jane Tara said...

LOVE this drawing...

Ulrike said...

Thank you. My mother has the original ... I gave it to her for her birthday.

By the way, I still owe you a drawing or print. ... from March :-)

Jane Tara said...

Take that one back from your mother. hehehe

Anonymous said...

a likely story Ms U

karin Sturm said...

You can' be serious Jane. I love this card very much. It is framed, sitting on my desk, and my mind wander.