16 January 2009

There's a Bobcat in my garden ...


I've been at the forest house for about 3 weeks now. I had so many plans to do lots of drawing and illustration and blogging while I am here. But there is so much work to be done in the enormous garden, so that my artwork has had to take second place.

At the moment, there is an small bulldozer filling in a leaky dam and levelling an area at the front of the property. The frogs figured out a day or two ago that something was about to happen, and relocated themselves to the small pond at the bottom of the garden. Smart frogs. Their croaking and the singing of the cicadas and the calls of tropical birds still manage to drown out the noisy bulldozer. I have been pulling out weeds and invading creepers, and am getting the vegie and herb garden a bit more organised.

Its magic here. In a week I head back to the city. Sometimes drawing has to wait!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ulrike - so glad you are submitting something to Amy - you have such talent...

And hope you are finding the forest inspiring as well as all the hard work you are doing...

Ulrike said...

Thanks Mary. Looking forward to seeing result of Beckoning of the Lovely project!